Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures
At Salina Regional Health Center, we offer a full array of heart services for one simple reason. People in our region need to have comprehensive heart services close to home. Within the Heart Center of Salina Regional Health Center, an array of diagnostic and treatment options are available using state-of-the-art technology, latest treatment techniques and recovery programs all geared toward helping patients gain a new lease on life.
So whether an emergency situation arises or a scheduled procedure is necessary, you can rest at ease knowing the experts are standing by.
Learn more about diagnostic and treatment options available.
- Noninvasive tests
- Chest x-rays
- Echocardiography (echo)
- Electrocardiograms (EKG or ECG)
- Holter monitors (also called ambulatory electrocardiography)
- Stress tests (also called treadmill tests or exercise ECGs)
- Invasive tests
- Blood tests
- Coronary angiography (also called angiogram, arteriography or cath)
- Thallium stress test (also called multiple-gated acquisition scanning, myocardial perfusion imaging or nuclear scan)
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Watchman, LAAO closure
Diagnosing Heart Disease
Diagnosing heart disease isn't a one-size-fits-all endeavor. Many tests are available. Doctors tend to start with the simple tests and then use more complicated ones later, if needed.