Salina Regional Health Center
Summer 2017 Student Volunteer Information
In the simplest terms, becoming an SRHC Student Volunteer involves: Applying, Interviewing, Attending Orientation, Serving – see complete details below
Note: Selection considerations include interest in healthcare career, age/maturity, GPA, and strength of application, references, and personal interview.
- Interest expressed by student rather than by parents or guardians. We will communicate directly with the student.
- High school or college student at time of application.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- A minimum of 35 hours of service to give during the summer
- Willingness to serve in the unit to which we assign you. We can’t promise any particular assignment as we have a limited number of service spots to offer. Service duties range in scope--be open to all possibilities! There are more ancillary than clinic area assignments.
- Attendance at orientation to cover the basics of serving at SRHC
- Return of all required forms
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW
- Complete and submit the application form found here.
- Secure two written references using the form found here and following guidelines given here.
- Schedule your interview weekdays through early May. We will contact you to set up your interview upon receiving your completed application.
- Attend interview as scheduled and “Wow!” us. Prepare by using guidelines found here.
ORIENTATION AND SERVICE
If you are a successful applicant, we will notify you by mail. In that mailing you will receive:
- A Student Handbook to read
- An immunization record to complete
- Parental/guardian forms to be co-sign
- Return your immunization forms and co-signed parental forms.
- Pay for your student volunteer shirt ($15)
- Receive TB Skin test (no cost) to be read by SRHC Employee Health nurse within 48-72 hours
- Receive your summer assignment and sponsor contact information.
Upon completion of all of the above, you will begin unit/department scheduling and training.Additional Questions?
Review the FAQs sheet (click here). If you have further questions, contact:
Gayle Rose 452-7541 email@example.com or Marsha Haskett 452-6159 firstname.lastname@example.org